Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

a glimpse into my makeup storage - part one


When I got back from my holiday with a whole load of new make up and beauty products, I decided it was time for a major reshuffle. The way I stored a lot of things changed, and I'm finally pretty happy with my set up. I thought I'd offer an insight into how I store all of my stuff. It'll be split into two parts, with the first part focussing on the general make up area and then the second diving into the super organised white cabinet you see in the middle there.
Let's go!




This tin was from a Lush gift set I bought in the sale a couple of years ago and it's invaluable when it comes to storing things that don't really fit anywhere else. It holds all of my Revlon lip butters and Moisture stains, a whole bunch of lipbalms and random lipsticks, some MAC eyeshadow singles and a few other bits and pieces.

Next to that, I keep my smaller palettes: here are two Sleek matte palettes that I rarely use and my Too Faced Summer palette.

This little organiser was from Bobbypin at Boots years and years ago (anyone remember that line? Everything was so CUTE.) It basically holds daily make up so I don't have to rummage through my drawers if I'm in a rush. I try to switch out all of the products regularly so all of my make up gets a bit of love. My elf Daily Brush Cleaner also lives in here, ideally so I remember to use it!

Behind that is this little stack of palettes which don't fit in my palette holder. There's the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary and Glinda palettes, Stila In the Garden and the Lorac Pro taking pride of place on the top!


This 'palette holder' is actually a letter organiser from Paperchase last year: sometimes they have them in and sometimes they don't. I've also seen similar ones in WH Smith. I'm in need of another one but I haven't found one lately. This holds my three Naked palettes, the Vice Palette and Vice 2. I can't wait to get my hands on Vice 3 *shameless hoarder*

My brush holder matches the letter organiser and is also from Paperchase. My brushes are mostly Real Techniques or elf studio (which are absolutely amazing). There's a few Urban Decay eye brushes from palettes mixed in there, and my eyelash curler is from Eyeko (it was free with a magazine)

So that was part one of my organisation post! Most of the make up is stored in the big white cabinet, which we will explore next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment