Pages

Thursday 25 September 2014

OPI Icons of Style


I'm a sucker for a new OPI collection. When I heard that they were releasing a range of shades based on Coca Cola beverages, I was beyond excited. Especially for the Diet Coke shade, as it's probably my favourite drink ever. It took me a while to actually pick up any of the shades, but when I saw this set of two on sale in the World of Coca Cola in Atlanta, the opportunity was too good to pass up. 


My Signature is "DC" is a bright shimmery silver inspired by Diet Coke. This has a different name in Europe and is instead called Turn on the Haute Light. I believe this is because the majority of mainland Europe has Coke Light instead of Diet Coke (which is absolutely not the same drink. I lived in Germany for a year and Coke Light is horrible :( ) I've been wearing this as an accent nail lately and it's really gorgeous: it doesn't take that many coats to become opaque and it's lasted a really long time on me. I couldn't have asked for a better nail polish to represent my favourite drink.


Coca-Cola Red is exactly what the name suggests: the exact red colour of the label on a Coke bottle. I think it might be a tiny bit darker on the nails, but that might be because I did more than one coat. In the bottle it's practically exactly the same colour as the Coke label. This is also very long lasting and pretty much opaque in two coats. I love a classic red nail polish, and I love that this one is an extra special shade of red.


This has been my favourite combo to wear since I bought the set: above is two coats without top coat (because I couldn't find it).
These shades are available in a set together or separately; they're currently on sale at Beauty Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment