Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

soap and glory kick ass concealer - first impressions and a sort of review


Hello everyone!
On a recent trip to Boots in Bluewater, I was looking for some new products to try. I know, I'm going to the US next week and there will probably be no end of shiny new make up items calling my name, but I like to shop! I've wanted to try Soap & Glory for a while, having heard endless wonderful things about the products: the fact that they were part of a 'buy one, get one half price' offer made up my mind for me. I grabbed the Kick Ass Concealer and the Archery Brow Tint (review coming soon!). Having tried out the concealer and worn it for a full day, I'm ready to share my first impressions of the product and offer a kind of review.
Onwards!



Firstly, the packaging of the product is incredibly cute. It's a tiny little pot which opens up to reveal a setting powder and what may be the world's tiniest powder puff. I don't like powder puffs, so I've taken mine out but I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. It's adorable, I feel I need to protect it.

Underneath the powder tray, there's a mirror and two shades of concealer. One is for undereyes, the other designed to conceal blemishes. I like creamy concealers like this as I feel they do a great job, especially on undereye circles.




The undereye side glides on like a dream and is the perfect light colour for concealing those horrible dark circles. I didn't find that it creased on me, especially when set with the powder. I did feel like the concealer for blemishes was very yellow and I was concerned that it wouldn't work on my skin at all. With careful blending, it's really not as bad as I thought. It's a nice product but can look a bit cakey on blemishes, so apply with caution.

The setting powder is something of a revelation for me, as it goes on really smoothly and sets the product well. I don't really use setting powders because my skin is horrifically dry most of the time, but this one is lovely and I'm glad it's included.

I have worn both shades of the concealer and the powder for a full day, and the lasting power is impressive: after lunch, a long car journey and a quick nap, the concealer under my eyes looks just as good as when I applied it this morning. The blemish concealer went a bit cakey and unattractive by about 7pm, but that's after 9 consecutive hours of wear. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect blemish concealer.

Overall I'm impressed with this product and would probably repurchase it when it runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment