Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2014

september favourites!


this month has passed by way too quickly for my liking. in general, the entire month of September is a favourite for me, as it's my birthday month (if you're reading this on the day I posted it, my birthday is TODAY!). I also love the change in weather and general atmosphere that makes September such a lovely, cosy little month.
Let's take a look at the beauty products which brightened up my little world this month



Origins 'Drink Up Intensive' Overnight Mask, £23






























I have the driest skin ever. It always feels so tight and uncomfortable when I don't slather on the moisturiser, especially when the weather starts to get colder. I use this twice a week, applying it just before I go to bed and letting it sink in all night, as the instructions direct. In the morning, my skin is smooth and soft. It's really an amazing difference, I've noticed such an improvement in my skin since I started using it. Definitely worth the price tag!

Benefit 'Gimme Brow' in Medium/Deep, £17.50
I resisted this for the longest time, mostly due to its hefty price tag. I convinced myself I could recreate the results with much cheaper and more accessible products. When I was on holiday, I finally caved and picked this up from the haven that is Sephora and I'm so glad I did. It makes my eyebrows look so neat and they stay in place all day! It's quickly become one of my holy grail products because it's so quick and easy to get perfect brows with it.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 'Sassy Mauve', £7.49
I picked this up during one of my many drugstore hauls when I was in the USA, but I believe it's a shade that's also available here in the UK. It's a really gorgeous mauve shade that's noticeable but not overwhelming, so it works really well with dramatic eye makeup. I've been wearing it a lot since i bought it, it's a really gorgeous neutral shade and I'm in love.


Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in 'Dollface'
I've been reaching for this a lot lately because it's just so easy to wear. It's a light, blue-based pink that looks lovely when applied: it's fairly natural but still adds something special to your overall look. It's been my go-to blusher for work because it's pretty without being overwhelming, and it lasts FOREVER.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black rollerball 10ml
I really wish I'd bought the full-size of this when I had the chance. I hated it on first sniff but it really grew on me. By the time I'd fallen in love with it, I was unlucky enough not to see another Sephora store, so this is all I have. It's quite grown up and musky, and I'm sure it smells just like an aftershave my grandad used to have. But it's really perfect for the winter months and I'm on a mission to get my hands on a full bottle.

Revlon GrowLuscious Bold Lacquer Mascara in Blackest Black
I can't quite put my finger on what it is I love about this mascara. I just feel like it adds length and volume to my lashes without making them look spidery or clumpy. The brush is lovely and ensures a really even application, and it lasts all day without getting all weird. It's better than the Lash Potion mascara (which I also love) and it's been my go to throughout September.

Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette

I'm working on a full post about this little beauty so I won't go on about it too much here. I didn't think I'd get the chance to buy one on my holiday, and it was only through sheer luck that I found myself outside an Ulta store, able to go in and rescue this little baby. I'm loving trying out all the different shades to create autumn appropriate looks and the pigmentation is amazing. I hope this brand arrives in the UK soon so everyone can get to experience the wonder of this palette.

What have you been loving in September?
















No comments:

Post a Comment