Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

benefit boxed powders


I’ve always coveted the Benefit Boxed Powders. Way back before I had the chance to buy one, I used to look at them on the internet, loving the cute little boxes and tiny brushes. I finally got my hands on my first one a couple of years ago, and since then, I’ve built up my collection. I still only have four but when you consider the hefty price tag attached to each one, I’d say that was pretty impressive! Today, I’m offering a little look inside my collection.


it's well loved.
thrrrob (sadly discontinued!)
This was my first boxed powder, a present from my grandma a few years ago. It’s discontinued now, which is a shame because it’s a really lovely light pink that makes me look awake.


 In the pan, it seems to have a silver shimmer running through it, but I’ve never noticed this transferring to the face, so it’s not overly sparkly. The packaging is probably my favourite of all the boxed powders, and looks lovely on my dressing table.



hervana (available here)
I picked this one up in duty free on the way to New York a couple of years ago. Out of the boxed powders I own, I’d say this is probably my favourite shade when applied. It’s made up of four different shades which, when swirled together, create a lovely pink glow on the cheeks. 

The packaging is also really cute, but mine is looking a bit battered after two years of being thrown around in my handbag. It also smells amazing.



sugarbomb (available here)

This has the same sweet scent as hervana. It also has the same kind of composition as hervana, as it’s made up of four different colours that are swirled together to apply it. 


I’d say it’s much more of a peachy tone than hervana, and it also has a soft golden shimmer to it, meaning it functions as a highlighter as well. It’s not overly shimmery though, so it won’t make you look like a disco ball.



coralista (available here)
I love the way coralista smells. I think most of these boxed powders are scented, so if you’re sensitive to fragrance, it’s something to be aware of. 


Coralista is a sort of pinky coral blush with shimmer in it, which is absolutely perfect for the summer. The shimmer is really fine, so it doesn’t accentuate pores or imperfections.


All of the boxed powders come with a tiny brush and a mirror in the lid. The brushes aren’t the best, but they’re pretty useful if you’re travelling. The brush that came with hervana is slightly angled, so it’s better than the earlier square brushes.  They’re certainly not cheap blushers, but you get a lot of product for your money: I’ve only hit pan on thrrrob and I’ve had it a lot longer. I definitely think they’re worth the investment.

I’m thinking of picking up Hoola in duty free when I go on holiday at the end of the month as I hear it’s a great contour product. I’m sure I’ll also be tempted by Rockateur when I finally get to swatch it!


Have you tried any Benefit boxed powders?

No comments:

Post a Comment