Pages

Sunday 17 August 2014

revlon colorstay moisture stains


There are a lot of posts floating around about these little beauties lately. I feel like they were released in the UK really soon after the initial US launch, which is a new one for Revlon. I remember waiting months for the lip butters! A very nice special offer in Boots led to me picking up four shades, and I'm pretty impressed!

Miami Fever

This is quite an intimidating shade! It looks almost highlighter bright in the tube but it doesn't really translate like that onto lips like that! It's a really nice wearable orange shade that isn't too 'in your face'. I really love the way it looks on and it applies well.


Barcelona Nights
 This one took a bit of work to get it opaque enough for my liking, but it's really beautiful once it's on. Of course, it's a gloss so it still works when applied sheerly, but I wanted the shade to be true to the way it appeared in the tube. It really is a lovely colour,  great for summer but not too bright that it wouldn't work when it gets cooler. This is the shade that Olivia Wilde is wearing in the advertisement, which kind of sold me on it.

Shanghai Sizzle
I'm of the opinion that you can never have too many red lip products. It's a classic shade and it works on everybody. This one is really opaque on the first swipe, I think it's the most pigmented of the ones I've tried. It's a really nice glossy red that would work on a lot of skin tones in any season!

LA Exclusive
This is my absolute favourite. It's a gorgeous light pink colour that is buildable. It's not too bright but there's enough colour to look pretty on the lips. I put this on in the car after I bought it and instantly fell in love, I can see myself wearing this a lot. I've been looking for the perfect everyday gloss, and this could be it.

L-R: Shanghai Sizzle, Barcelona Nights, LA Exclusive and Miami Fever

Overall, I'm really impressed by these. Revlon lip products are probably the best I've ever tried from the high street. These feel a little bit sticky at first but they seem to settle down pretty quickly so they're not uncomfortable to wear. I like to apply a layer and then wait a minute before applying another to get the best colour payoff. I swatched them all on my hand in the shop and I'm still struggling to get the stains off, so they seem pretty long-lasting: I haven't worn any shade long enough to tell yet though.

They're all pretty pigmented and the applicator is easy to use. I'm also really impressed by the packaging, they look really classy and sleek. Not even going to lie, I'll probably end up picking up another couple of shades, I'm sure my local Boots was missing a few!

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stains retail for £7.99 each, but they're currently part of a '2 for £10' in Boots stores and online (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment