Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

july favourites



It’s a little late to do July favourites, I know. ‘We’re almost a whole week into August!’, I hear you cry. ‘What have you been doing, Eloise?’. I am afraid I don’t have a good answer to that. I have to admit I’ve mostly been playing The Sims 2. Thrilling.

However, I am here now! I have a list of favourite products and some dodgy iPhone photography because the charger for my camera is unfortunately missing. So, read on if you want to find out about my favourite things from the month of July.


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +
I’ll be honest here: I don’t have a full size of this. I got mine free with Glamour Magazine. I used to use it, way back in the day (like, 2008) and I thought I’d give it another go. My skin got pretty terrible during exam season, and was taking a long time to get back to normal. However, since I switched to the Dramatically Different, it’s been a lot better and most of my problem areas have cleared up.  It’s so light and fragrance free, I definitely think it’s helped my sensitive skin, and I’ll be picking up a full size bottle in duty free at the end of the month!

Garnier Skin Naturals Softening Toner: Goodbye Dry…
This toner smells so good. I’m pretty sure it’s the cherry tree extract, and it’s amazing. That being said, it is also a very good toner and it definitely does make my skin softer, just like it promised! I have very dry skin but my face has been so soft and smooth lately, and I think it’s largely to do with this toner. I’m so impressed with it and would recommend it to anyone else with dry or sensitive skin.

MAC Strobe Cream
This is something I got free with a MAC order ages ago, and I pretty much dismissed it and put it in the back of my drawer. I tried it once as a highlighter and it didn’t work for me, so I didn’t want anything to do with it.
I'm sorry I relegated you to the 'products I don't use' drawer. I'm also sorry this photo is so blurry.
Recently however, I found it when cleaning out my make up drawer, and I decided to do the grown up thing and try to find out how to use it. It’s listed under ‘Moisturisers’ on the MAC website, so I decided to try it all over my face under foundation. I looked like a fairy princess. It makes my soft and glowy without being sparkly, and it doesn’t make me look greasy at all.

Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara
I never used to use mascara on my bottom lashes, mostly because I don’t have that many. I’m pretty sure I’m missing a patch of bottom eyelashes on my left eye, which is weird and slightly annoying. Another reason why I didn’t put mascara on my bottom lashes is because the brushes were always too big, and I’d end up getting it everywhere.  This mascara has a teeny little brush for bottom lashes, which means that I can use it and not get mascara halfway down my nose or something. I’ve had the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara on my shopping list for months, but this Maybelline mascara probably means I can put off buying it for a while longer. Also, it’s waterproof, so it’s resistant to my super watery eyes. Which makes it a winner in my book.

Too Faced A La Mode Eyes
I have always wanted a Too Faced eyeshadow palette, and I managed to snag this one when Beauty Bay was offering a discount a couple of months ago. I have to say, I’ve been very impressed and used it a lot in July.
 The eyeshadows are soft and super pigmented, all lovely summer colours which I have received multiple compliments on. Plus it’s so tiny and cute!

Balenciaga Paris Eau De Parfum               

This perfume came in a tiny sleeping bag, which is adorable.
A tiny Balenciaga sleeping bag. Because you wouldn't want your perfume bottle to get cold.

 It was my graduation present from my parents, and I’ve been pretty obsessed with it this month. It’s the perfect scent for summer, and it smells a little bit like Palma Violets (well, I think so anyway). The bottle looks really classy and I think it was a very appropriate graduation present, as it marks my transition into the real world (don’t remind me!)

What have you been loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment