Pages

Friday 8 August 2014

the lip product addict tag!



Hello everyone! 

Ever since I saw this tag floating around YouTube and the blogging community a couple of months ago, I thought it would be an interesting thing to try out. Since my blog is so new, I think that tags are a good way to allow you all to get to know me a bit and see what I like.



While eyeshadows are probably my absolute favourite make up items, I do have a soft spot for lip products. When the Revlon Lip Butters were released in the UK, I went to Boots to hunt for them and ended up buying far more than is probably recommended. The same thing happened earlier this year when the ColorBurst Matte Balms were released. When I know a product works, I have no problem buying it in multiple colours.

Anyway, on with the tag!


1. favourite balm/treatment
I've tried so many different lipbalms in my time. Mostly because they come in so many different flavours and the packaging is so pretty... I just cannot help myself. However, I have found that the only one that works for me when my lips get really chapped is Cherry Carmex. It's a lifesaver because sometimes, chapped lips really hurt.

2. best eye-catching red
My favourite red has to be MAC RiRi Woo. It can be a little bit drying but I feel like it's the nicest red shade when I put it on. I'm just sad that it was limited edition :(

3. best luxury & best drugstore
I only have one real 'luxury' lipstick, and it's the YSL Rouge Volupté in the shade 16. It's a lovely glossy bright red and I bought it mostly because the packaging is so beautiful.

This is a sophisticated lipstick. I like to apply it in public so people think I am classy.

 I've recently got into using it again and I like it. Drugstore-wise, the Rimmel Apocalips really impressed me, and I've collected a fair few shades.


4. best MAC lipstick
Craving in the winter. Or Creme Cup, which is the only lipstick my mum likes me in.

5. the most disappointing
The only thing that springs to mind is the Urban Decay Pocket Rocket, which I'm pretty sure they don't even make any more. It was my first Urban Decay purchase after the Naked Palette and I expected so much from it. Unfortunately, it's incredibly sticky and smells kind of weird. I keep it for nostalgia purposes but I've only used it twice.
It tries to lure you in with a half-naked man on the packaging. Do not be fooled.


6. liner - yes or no?
A year ago, I probably would have said no. But ever since I got the Model Co Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner (free with Glamour magazine), I've used it under most lipsticks when I'm going to be out all day. I also like to use lipliner with red lipstick, just to keep things under control!


7. best gloss 

Most glosses are way too sticky for me to handle, so I don't really own that many. Recently I've been wearing the Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Vintage quite a lot, because it's not too sticky and the colour is really lovely and neutral. I wanted to buy a full size when I go to the US at the end of the month, but I'm pretty sure the shade has been discontinued :(

8. something extra

Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids! I avoided these for so long because I was sure they'd be too bright for me, but I picked up Hot Plum a couple of weeks ago and it's beautiful. Looking forward to getting a few more shades!
The lighting in my room is so bad but look! They're so neon and bright!


What's your favourite lip product?

Eloise x


No comments:

Post a Comment