Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

holiday wishlist


I’m jetting off to the US at the end of this month for a little road trip around the southern states with my family, and I can’t wait! While I’m there, I’m sure we’ll find a little bit of time for a shopping trip, and I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time. I’ve put together a little shopping list of products I want to pick up when I get there. I thought it might make an interesting blog post to let you have a little look at some of the products on my shopping list.




1. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (colour pictured is Natural Beauty)

I know these are technically available on QVC now, but they don’t offer all of the shades I want! I bought one in the shade ‘Exposed’ in New York, and was really impressed with the colour and formula. It really is a long lasting blush and the formula is soft and easy to use. I want a fair few shades: I’ve been lusting after ‘Natural Beauty’ since I saw EssieButton’s post on it here and ‘Dollface’ looks like a lovely soft pink shade.


2. CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

I really like CoverGirl products, and wish it was easier to get hold of them in the UK. I've tried their mascaras and lipsticks, but never their foundations. After some careful research, the Outlast seems to be a good place to start as it acts as a concealer and primer as well as a foundation, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.


3. Benefit hoola bronzing powder

While this is readily available in my town and I could just as easily buy it here, I'm thinking I'll probably see if I can pick it up in duty free. I could make it a tradition to buy a boxed powder every time I go on holiday, like I did with hervana back in 2012! I've been tempted by this bronzer for a while, and hearing that it makes a good contour shade for fair skin completely sold me on it.


4. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Purifying Mask With Red Clay
A lot of these products can also be found in the UK, which will hopefully make it easy for me to repurchase anything I fall in love with! I'm always on the hunt for face masks that will help me out when I'm having a bad skin day, and this one caught my eye after I heard it mentioned in multiple blogs. I'm excited to try it out and see if it could be my new skin saviour!

5. NYX Butter Gloss (shade pictured here is Merengue)
Again, available in the UK (as far as I'm aware). But I've only ever found NYX in Next stores, and I feel that it's pretty overpriced here. I'm really trying to get back into lipgloss as I find it's much easier to wear sometimes, and most aren't as sticky as the ones I bought when I was younger. This is another beauty blogger favourite that comes in loads of gorgeous colours, so I can see myself picking up a few shades.

6. Lorac Pro Palette
I've been trying to find this for months now, constantly searching on the web for sites that would ship it to me. However, I've never been able to find anywhere that wasn't charging extortionate prices for the palette and shipping, so I'd just about given up. I'm hoping it'll be easier to find in the US, although I have heard that it's often out of stock in many stores. Just looking at the pictures online, I think I'm willing to put in the effort to get my hands on those beautiful eyeshadow shades!

7. Formula X Nail Polish (colour pictured is Outrageous)
The name of these nail polishes sounds so mysterious and exciting! Again, this is one that I've heard some rave reviews about, and I'm a sucker for pretty nail polish colours. It'll probably be a struggle to get me out of Sephora while I'm over in the US so I'm sure I'll spend plenty of time poring over the display and deciding which shades to buy.

 

What's on your wishlist for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment