Pages

Sunday 24 August 2014

stila - in the garden palette



I feel like I've seen countless reviews on the Stila In the Light palette, and I researched the product a couple of months ago to see if it was something worth investing my money in. In the process, I discovered the In the Garden palette, which took the same form but contained more green shades. As a lifelong lover of green eyeshadows, I thought it was well worth a purchase, but I couldn't find that many reviews to guide me along the way. So, I decided that I would review mine, just to make it easier for those who'd prefer the green tones to the neutral shades of the popular In the Light palette!








This palette comes with ten different eyeshadow shades, an eyeliner and a sizeable mirror, making it perfect for travelling with. The packaging is cardboard, so it isn't the sturdiest, but I've not had any problems with it yet. It's pretty small and light, and I carry it around in my handbag most of the time for touch ups.

The garden theme of the palette means that there are three gorgeous green shades to use, as well as some brighter colours representing the garden's flowers. There are two matte shades and the rest are shimmers. 
l-r: chinois, breeze, bark, freesia and rosette

l-r: nectar, honey, sage, moss and juniper
All swatches above are two swipes, without primer. They're all very pigmented shades, and none of the shimmers contain those annoying chunks of glitter which make them impossible to work with. They're buttery smooth and glide on with no trouble. I've worked extensively with the green shades and they last all day on me with primer, although I can't say how they'd work if your eyelids were especially oily.

stila smudge stick waterproof eye liner in 'starfish'
 The eyeliner that comes with the palette is in the shade 'starfish' and is described as 'black with gold and green pearl sparkle'. It's a beautiful colour that compliments the eyeshadows in the palette. However, I find that it doesn't last the whole day when applied to my waterline, and there is noticeable fading within a few hours. When swatched on the back of my hand, however, it's almost impossible to remove, even with make up remover.

The Stila In the Garden palette retails for £25 and can be found on Beauty BayFeel Unique and many other Stila stockists.



No comments:

Post a Comment